Cannoli Cream is an essential part of a good cannoli. That’s why we’d like to show you how to make your own Homemade Cannoli Cream Filling with just 4 ingredients! This super simple recipe is easy to make, and a family favorite.
For this recipe you’ll need Galbani® Ricotta Cheese, confectioners' sugar, pure vanilla extract and cornstarch (optional). Additionally, you’ll need a cheesecloth, measuring spoons, stand or hand mixer, pastry bags, our Golden Cannoli Chips or Shells and your favorite toppings.
Disclaimer: Thank you to Galbani® Ricotta Cheese for providing free products for this recipe blog. All recipes are created by Golden Cannoli Shells Co.
THE BEST RICOTTA CHEESE:
A huge component of this Homemade Cannoli Cream is, of course, the delicious Galbani® Ricotta Cheese. This rich and creamy cheese can be found in your local market’s dairy aisle and is the perfect cheese to use for a delicious and rich cannoli cream.
HOMEMADE CANNOLI CREAM FILLING
- 15 oz. – Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- ½ - ¾ c. – Confectioners’ Sugar (to taste)
- ¼ tsp. – Pure Vanilla Extract
- Cornstarch (optional)
- Drain the ricotta cheese in the cheesecloth in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. We recommend draining for 24 hours for the best results. If you don't have cheesecloth, place it in a colander with fine holes (preferably mesh) and let it drain.
- Using a stand or hand mixer on the lowest speed, beat the strained ricotta cheese for approximately 1 minute.
- Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar and continue mixing. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- To thicken, add cornstarch 1 tbsp. at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Add cannoli cream to a bowl to dip your Golden Cannoli Chips, or a pastry bag to fill your Golden Cannoli Shells, and serve with your favorite toppings!