Apple pie is great, but let’s be honest―there’s only so much you want to eat. So what can you do with the apples you still have in the fridge? Make Caramel Apple Cannoli! It’s easy and delicious!
For this simple recipe, you’ll need apples, Golden Cannoli Traditional Cannoli Cream and Shells, cinnamon sugar, pecans, butterscotch chips and pre-made caramel sauce. You’ll also need a peeler, apple corer, sharp knife, cutting board, two bowls, piping bag and spatula.
Golden Cannoli Traditional Cannoli Cream
Golden Cannoli Traditional Cannoli Shells
Chopped Pecans and Butterscotch Chips
- Peel and core apples and dice into ¼” pieces.
(You’ll need 3 ounces of diced apples for every 10 ounces of cannoli filling.)
- Place the diced apples in a bowl and dust with cinnamon sugar. Mix thoroughly. (The perfect ratio for homemade cinnamon sugar is 1:4.)
- Place cannoli cream in a bowl. Fold in apples.
- Fill piping bag with mixture.
- Pipe cream into cannoli shells.
- Dip ends of cannoli in chopped pecans or butterscotch chips.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over cannoli.